Angie has been involved with Rebuilding Together Seattle for many years. Last year, when planning for our first annual fundraiser, Angie was instrumental in acquiring awesome auction items for the event. Not only did she personally solicit donations, she also helped brainstorm great ideas for the auction. This year, Angie once again went above and beyond in helping procure items for our auction at our second annual Beer & Wine Tasting, where we experienced a 34% increase in donations from last year.
RTS values all types of volunteers, handy or not! Although our programs often focus on those volunteers who complete the repairs at homes and are often in the construction field, we also want to acknowledge volunteers who help our organization in other ways. We rely heavily on the help of all of our volunteers!!
Thank you, Angie!
Angie, at our inaugural Beer & Wine Tasting event in 2010
Beer & Wine Tasting second annual event
1. How did you get involved with RTS?My husband Gary (who serves on the RTS Board of Directors) has been very involved for many years, leading rebuild projects a couple times each year. Last year and this year I offered to help procure auction items for the RTS Beer and Wine Tasting Auction which will ultimately help raise money to allow these projects to continue. It's refreshing to see, especially in this economy, how many businesses are willing to help by donating a product or service to the RTS auction.
2. What do you enjoy most about working with our organization?There's an opportunity for people of all skill sets to contribute to the cause and make a positive impact on the lives of people in need. So, even if you're not handy with a saw, you can pitch in with RTS in a variety of other ways (such as fundraising).
3. What do other volunteers say about RTS?The recurring theme I hear time and time again from people who have volunteered, is that they love to see immediate results for their efforts. It's very tangible for them. At the end of one day, a home has been repaired and a homeowner is happy and grateful for the time and efforts of the volunteers. It's very common for new project volunteers to say "be sure to ask us again next time."
4. Why do they want to volunteer their time?I think everyone can relate to a homeowner in need. Most anyone would pitch in to help a neighbor, so helping someone who is in dire need takes it to another level.
5. What about RTS' mission are you most drawn to?It's local people helping local people.