Tuesday, July 16, 2013

RTS welcomes new Program Associate, Mike Lahoda!


Rebuilding Together Seattle is excited to welcome our new Program Associate, Mike Lahoda, during his first week at RTS!  At RTS, Mike will manage our Safe at Home Program, help with volunteer outreach, and coordinate key rebuilding days with our local and national sponsors.  RTS is thrilled to have Mike join our team and help expand our programs to better serve low income homeowners in our community.


Let's hear from Mike:

How did you first hear about Rebuilding Together Seattle?

I first found out about Rebuilding Together Seattle when I was researching non-profits in the Seattle area. When I came across Rebuilding Together I was really inspired by the work they were doing in Seattle and across the country to provide an outstanding community resource for individuals that can greatly benefit from additional support.

What interested in you in working for Rebuilding Together Seattle?  Why do you support our mission?

I am interested in working with Rebuilding Together Seattle because I am passionate about working on a team that is dedicated to harnessing the power of community and volunteer efforts in order to empower our residents in need of support. I support the mission of RTS because it is centered around the idea of bringing diverse community members together to reach a shared goal of warmth, safety, and independence. RTS really embodies what motivated and compassionate communities can accomplish together to improve the lives of others.

What are you looking forward to most in regard to your role at RTS as Programs Associate?  What are your hopes for RTS in years to come?

I am really looking forward to meeting and working with clients, collaborating with volunteers, and getting to know the RTS staff. I have already been fortunate to meet some of the dedicated Project Managers with RTS and their enthusiastic and appreciative spirits have really motivated me to dive right into work with RTS. The staff has also been incredibly welcoming and I am so thankful to have a great team to work with and learn from. My hope for the future of RTS is that we are able to continue to grow so that we can have a greater impact on the Seattle community.

Tell us a bit about yourself – how do you like to spend your time outside of work?

I am originally from Southern New Jersey and have been living in Seattle for the past two years. I love the culture and climate of Seattle and look forward to exploring more of the Northwest. Biking and music are two big passions of mine. When I am not working, I am usually playing guitar, banjo, or riding my bike. I also love to travel, read, and hike whenever I can. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis