Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Volunteers of the Month: Aimy Enriquez and Marsha Kabakov (501 Commons)


Aimy Enriquez

Marsha Kabakov
Rebuilding Together Seattle would like to recognize Aimy Enriquez and Marsha Kabakov as our Volunteers of the Month for August! Aimy and Marsha came to RTS as consultants for 501 Commons Deep Dive program, an intensive 3 month course aimed at seeing how technology can help our organization run more efficiently, raise more money, and reach more people. Aimy and Marsha were able to help RTS identify inefficiencies in our current infrastructure and offer solutions to these problems so that we can reach our next growth stage.

Let's hear from Aimy and Marsha:

1. How did you get involved with RTS?

Aimy: RTS had shown interest and applied for the Deep Dive program which my AmeriCorps team at 501 Commons had been organizing. I was able to get the opportunity as part of my service year to participate as a volunteer consultant for the technology planning program. I was matched with RTS and paired with Marsha, another volunteer consultant to help them achieve greater technology stability.

Marsha: I am a volunteer with 501 Commons, the organization in Seattle that engages skilled professionals on behalf of nonprofits in our community. When 501 Commons requested that I become a volunteer with their "Deep Dive" project that helps nonprofits with their IT infrastructure needs, I was happy to help. RTS was one of the organizations participating in "Deep Dive." The purpose of RTS resonated with me right away.
 
2. What do you enjoy most about working with our organization?

Aimy: I’ve been able to meet the organization’s staff and work directly with them throughout the program’s process. It was a great experience to get to know them and see their passion in furthering their organization thus, better helping their clients.

Marsha: It was great to get to know the team at RTS. They were very collaborative. It truly felt like teamwork.

3. Why do you choose to support RTS?

Aimy: Among the organizations that have applied to the program, RTS was the most unique in the services they provide and the clients they serve. I was interested in learning more about the organization and see how a small nonprofit functions.

Marsha: I enjoy working at the grass roots level. It counterbalances my management experience within corporations, and brings me back to my own roots in nonprofits, where I first started my career.

4. What about RTS’ mission are you most drawn to?
Aimy: Proper shelter is a basic need that everyone should have access to. RTS is able to provide those services to low-income homeowners. I feel the impact brings so much to their clients who wouldn't be able to afford those types of services elsewhere.

Marsha: I especially like working on basic needs "food, clothing, shelter." RTS is a purpose-driven organization with tangible results for clients.


Thank you, Aimy and Marsha, for all your hard work making RTS a more productive organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis