Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Volunteer of the Month: Michael Santopolo

1.    Mike has been involved with Rebuilding Together Seattle for close to two years and in that time has been a project manager for 7 projects (!) and completed a few quick fixes through our Year Round Program.  His first project as project manager was on Spring Rebuilding Day 2010.  That fall, he was project manager for both the Sears Heroes at Home project and for the Veterans Rebuilding Day.  This spring, Mike was project manager for the O'Dea High School Spring Rebuilding Day 2011 project, and for Blackrock Rebuilding Day.  This fall he has volunteered to take on another project in need of a project manager. I don't think I need to say much more about Mike's dedication to RTS.

          Mike, Thank you for being such a monumental volunteer !!
I

Let's hear from Mike!

1. Why did you choose to get involved with RTS?
 I     I chose to get  involved because of the philosophy of RTS, providing a service to thousands of people over the years that truly are in need of simple comforts that most of us take for granted, warmth, safety and security.
I      2. What do you enjoy the most about working with our organization?
       I think the enthusiasm of the organization radiates an electricty for all the volunteers and the homeowners that makes one want to get involved.
3.    3. What do your colleagues or other volunteers say about RTS?
       Once a project is started and one sees what can be done in a day or two you are hooked and want more and  can't believe what has just happened.
4.    4. Why do they want to volunteer their time?
       For myself to want to volunteer is what it is all about.  I always feel a great deal of accomplishment when my  efforts and the volunteers efforts put a smile on someone's face.
5. What about RTS are you most drawn to? 
 Since my time working with them, RTS has always  completed the mission of every project.  They are always able to dig deep with their resources and staff to pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis