Wednesday, August 15, 2012

RTS welcomes Randy Rademaker, Renee Hartnett, and Michelle Roseborough to Board of Directors

RTS is thrilled welcome Randy Rademaker, Renee Hartnett, and Michelle Roseborough to our Board of Directors!  After the Board Retreat in June, Randy, Renee, and Michelle were each enthusiastically nominated to join the Board, and happily accepted their invitations last month. RTS is honored to have these three leaders join our team and grateful for the contributions they will make to our organization.

Let's hear from these great volunteers!

MEET RANDY!



How did you first learn about Rebuilding Together Seattle?  Describe your past involvement with our organization?

I  am fortunate to work for a company who shares the same passion for making a better and safer Seattle. They asked me to manage our company's Spring Rebuilding Day project with Rebuilding Together Seattle two years ago and I have been involved ever since.

Why do you believe in the mission of Rebuilding Together Seattle?

Seattle is a source of pride for all those that live here and we need to do our part to make sure our neighbors are safe. One’s home is the investment of a lifetime. We need to ensure that it is a safe one.  
What are you most excited about in joining the RTS Board of Directors, and what are your hopes for the organization in years to come?

-To offer new and fresh ideas to the Board.

-To try to make a great organization even better.

-To share in a common love for our City.

Tell us a bit about yourself – what do you do for a living?  What do you like to do outside of work?

I am a Project Engineer for Howard S. Wright Constructors, a general contractor with strong ties to the Seattle community.

My lovely wife Amanda and I have been married for 3 years.  I enjoy reading, riding my road bicycle, traveling, and relaxing with friends and family.

MEET RENEE!

 How did you first learn about Rebuilding Together Seattle?  Describe your past involvement with our organization?

I first learned of RTS while working with the Junior League of Seattle.  Each year the Junior League has worked together with RTS to take part in the Spring Rebuilding Day.  I gained firsthand experience 2 years ago when I attended the Spring event and took part in a day of home improvements for an individual who could not have been more grateful and more in need of our help.  It was a truly gratifying experience that made me only want to learn more about RTS and what I could do to help.

Why do you believe in the mission of Rebuilding Together Seattle?

It’s simple- we all deserve the basics and the work RTS does helps ensure those who might not be able to help themselves, have access to the kind of assistance they need to continue living in a warm and safe environment.   
        
What are you most excited about in joining the RTS Board of Directors, and what are your hopes for the organization in years to come?

I fell in love with RTS after volunteering for my first Spring Rebuilding Day and am thrilled with the opportunity to join the Board of Directors.  I very much look forward to helping RTS achieve its long term goals for growth and expansion.  I absolutely love anything to do with putting on events and fundraising and would love to put my prior experience to good use in the RTS organization.  In addition I look forward to continuing to spread the word about the amazing work that RTS is doing in our community!

Tell us a bit about yourself – what do you do for a living?  What do you like to do outside of work?

I’m currently in sales for Physio-Control, a local, medical device manufacturer of AEDs.  I’ve worked for Physio in a customer service, marketing or sales capacity for the last 12 years and am extremely passionate about our company and the products we develop and sell.  Outside of my sales role, I also coordinate a golf tournament for Physio & The Medic One Foundation each year.  When I’m not at work, you can often find me volunteering with the Junior League of Seattle, of which I have been a member for the last 9 years.  Aside from that my two biggest passions in life are traveling and anything that keeps me active, particularly running!  Finally, I’m expecting a baby this month and looking forward to starting a family with my husband Josh. 

MEET MICHELLE!
 

How did you first learn about Rebuilding Together Seattle?  Describe your past involvement with our organization?
 
I first learned about RTS through my alma mater, Gonzaga University. Gonzaga's alumni association sponsors a RTS project every year and I've participated for a few years now.

Why do you believe in the mission of Rebuilding Together Seattle?

I believe in the mission of RTS because it's a way of enabling people to have a safer home environment, which they may not even realize is possible until RTS comes along! On the flip side, I believe RTS opens the eyes of its volunteers as well. During one of my first projects with RTS we met a woman who was so thankful about the work we were doing, she cried. That really impacted me.

What are you most excited about in joining the RTS Board of Directors, and what are your hopes for the organization in years to come?

I'm most excited about using my professional skills to help achieve the organization's goals. I'd also like to learn more about the non-profit world and how it works. In the coming years, I'd love to see the RTS organization expand its services, while maintaining its mission. I think scaling any business (non-profit or not) can be a daunting task but with the right leadership I believe it can happen!

Tell us a bit about yourself – what do you do for a living?  What do you like to do outside of work?

I work in client services for a digital marketing company called ExactTarget. I just started here after spending the last 5 years of my career at Microsoft. I've been doing digital marketing for over 7 years now and I THINK this is my career for life. Outside of work I love to travel. My favorite place that I've visited is Hong Kong and I almost moved there 3 years ago. I'm also a mini "foodie" and I love cooking and going out to eat.

Thank you, Randy, Renee, and Michelle!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis