Friday, June 18, 2010

Meet the 2010-2011 YPS Executive Team: Cameron Cavette, Recruitment Chair

1. How did you get involved with YPS? Why did you choose to become a member of YPS? I got involved with YPS through Andrea Genord, my coworker at Boeing. She spoke highly of RTS and I was interested in taking on a new commitment to service with like-minded peers.
2. What is your favorite part about YPS?

I enjoy the service projects and the Rebuilding Day and the comraderie it builds with other YPS members. The work isn't always easy but it's satisfying to make progress on an over-grown yard, for example, and make the homeowner smile and grateful for our help.

3. Why do you support Rebuilding Together Seattle?

I support RTS because the organization is really doing a great service to the community with limited resources. It takes so little in funding and energy to make a difference in homeowner's lives.
4. What are your favorite pastimes?
Travel is #1. I try to get a new stamp or two on my passport every year (last year was a banner year with China, Hong Kong, Chile, and Iceland!). I love going to sporting events but mainly to eat stadium nachos.
5. Where do you work? What do you do for a living?

I work at The Boeing Company - 6 years and still going! I've just taken a new position in Supplier Management Contracts on our new 787 airplane program.


What the RTS Director has to say about Cameron:
"We are pumped to have Cameron on our Executive Team this year! Cameron has always made a great commitment to YPS from day one. Cameron always asks how she can help out with 'behind the scenes' work for Rebuilding Together Seattle, and contributes new ideas for YPS on a regular basis. This year, Cameron's role as YPS Recruitment Chair will be key to the success of the group. One of YPS's top priorities for our third year is expanding and diversifying our group. We're thankful to have Cameron's leadership in this area!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis