Monday, May 9, 2011

Board Member of the Month: Anne Quigg

Anne Quigg has been involved with Rebuilding Together Seattle for close to 20 years.  She has been an advocate for so many homeowners in need and has gone above and beyond as the Project Manager on these projects. This fiscal year alone Anne and Assumption Parish have completed six projects, contributing over $30,000 in total market value repairs. She even got her parish on board to join the RTS Year-Round Program!

Anne with homeowner, Earl, during our fall 2010 Veterans Rebuilding Day

"After 19 years of involvement with Rebuilding Together Seattle, Anne has made significant contributions to our organization," says RTS Director, Margie Thirlby.  "In addition to being an exceptional Board Member (who has only missed one Board meeting during my time so far at RTS!), Anne is a constant advocate for RTS in spreading the word about our programs, and searching for members of her community that can use our support.  Aside from Board involvement, Anne leads multiple projects throughout the year.   Anne has an incredible ability to engage any volunteer group and get them beyond excited about volunteering and supporting RTS in a matter of minutes.  Her energy is contagious, and her volunteers come back each year to support the effort.  No words can sum up how wonderful Anne is!”

How did you first get involved with RTS?

My first involvement with RTS (Christmas in April at that time) was 2nd year of existence.  Mary Herche (Junior League friend) talked me into helping out.  The next year Karen Wickstrand talked me into just “visiting” a man named Bill.  Bill and his house were in bad shape.  I sponsored Bill’s house and spent six weeks getting everyone I knew involved in the process.  We restored Bill’s home and heart into a warm and cozy place.  His surviving daughter enjoys it to this day.

What do you enjoy most about being a board member for RTS?
The best part of being a board member (now completing my third and last three year term) is commitment all members have to serve.  We all personally donate our time and talent and ask our friends/business associates to do the same.  All members are “givers” and great stewards of the RTS mission.  Our backgrounds are varied, we trust and respect each other and support our strong leadership.  I value my lifetime friendships I have made through RTS.  Additionally, my friends and parish value me for introducing them to RTS.  We will always tell the stories of the homeowners we have helped… even if the stories include rats (dead or alive), non-working plumbing or electricity or frail women scaling a dumpster ladder as we drive off looking for that one special thing that might have accidentally been tossed.

What are your hopes for RTS in the years to come?
My hope for RTS is for the continued and professional growth.  In all my years I have never seen such a great staff, board, sponsor and volunteer base.  I am proud to be associated with RTS and plan to support all future efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis