Tuesday, March 27, 2012

RTS welcomes new Interns, Seung and Jenna!

RTS is thrilled to introduce our new Program & Development Interns, Seung Lee and Jenna Donohue!

Both current students at the University of Washington (Seattle), Seung and Jenna found out about our ongoing Internship Program through the UW Career Center and were recently selected through a competitive application process. RTS is excited for Seung and Jenna to share their talents with our organization and impact our mission.

Let's get to know our Interns!

ABOUT SEUNG

Where do you go to school? What are you studying/thinking about majoring in? What are some of your hopes for future career aspirations?

I am a senior at University of Washington, double majoring in International Studies and Economics. I am graduating this June, and for my future I would like to work in a field where I can aid underdeveloped countries and people in need, either through NGOs or the government.

Why do you believe in the mission of Rebuilding Together Seattle?

I believe in the the mission of RTS because aiding our own community's members to maintain a safe and healthy home is absolutely essential, especially in current economic situations. I believe RTS empowers the communities and volunteers to help others, because even with many good intentions, coordination is necessary to carry out projects, and RTS does just that. What RTS carries out is wonderful and makes my heart feel warmer, spreading hope and love throughout our community.

What are you excited about the most in regard to your internship position with RTS?

I am very excited to help plan for the Spring Rebuilding Day. Planning a big event such as the Spring Rebuilding Day will be a very valuable and rewarding experience for me. I am also excited to work with the wonderful staff and the handsome dogs at RTS.

Tell us a bit about yourself – what are some of your interests outside of school and work?

I love to travel and meet diverse people. I studied abroad in Spain last year, and traveled around in Europe and Turkey, which opened my eyes to the different cultures and gave me an unforgettable experience. I also like reading and doing jigsaw puzzles in my spare time.

ABOUT JENNA

Where do you go to school? What are you studying/thinking about majoring in? What are some of your hopes for future career aspirations?

I go to the University of Washington. I’m currently applying to the Foster School of Business, and am unsure of what I’m going to focus in. I am considering double majoring in Social Welfare. Although I am still exploring careers and opportunities, I am hoping to get involved with a non-profit organization and work within the business aspect of it. I really want to feel fulfillment from my future career!

Why do you believe in the mission of Rebuilding Together Seattle?

I believe that everyone deserves equal opportunities. Your home is somewhere where you should be able to relax, enjoy time with your friends and family, and not have to worry about other issues going on around you. I really think Rebuilding Together Seattle has an amazing mission, because once you feel secure in your living situation, you most likely will be more apt to pursue other things in life! It’s a great cause that truly has our city’s interests at heart.

What are you excited about the most in regard to your internship position with RTS?

This will be my first internship, and I am beyond excited to get involved with an amazing organization that shows me how a non-profit works! I think the opportunity to see behind the scenes, and personally offer help to make this organization work, is going to be very fulfilling and exciting. I think I can get a lot of learning experience and knowledge from this internship as well, which hopefully will help me in my career goals as I get older.

Tell us a bit about yourself – what are some of your interests outside of school and work?

At UW I have done cheerleading for two years, and I am also part of a sorority. I love being social and involved with my friends and family, and having family dinners and gatherings. Yet outside of that, I really love to be active. I enjoy running and exercising. I recently have acquired an interest for hot yoga, and I love to spend the summer on the water and camping. I also love to travel and see different parts of the world. I am hoping some day I have the opportunity to travel for an extended amount of time so that I can get a deeper look at different cities and people from different parts of the world!

Say hi to Seung and Jenna!
Seung: slee@rtseattle.org
Jenna: jdonohue@rtseattle.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis