Are you a college student looking to acquire excellent experience in the non-profit industry and other related fields?
Rebuilding Together Seattle has an ongoing internship opportunity for college students in Seattle! RTS interns work for approximately 15-20 hours per week, and assist with various development, program, marketing, and administrative activities at the RTS Office.
For more information, please read the Internship Job Description, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that RTS internship candidates must be professional, organized, show good attention to detail, and be comfortable working in a diverse work environment. Thank you for your consideration!
-The RTS Staff
Rebuilding Together Seattle Intern
Rebuilding Together Seattle (www.rtseattle.org) offers a year-round, part-time internship program for college students or early graduates. The intern is supervised by the RTS Executive Director, and works with the RTS Board of Directors & Staff on various office operations. Projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Entering contact information into RTS database
• Tracking important outreach and development activities on Microsoft Excel
• Organizing and maintaining office supplies and the RTS warehouse
• Assisting with mailing projects and events
• Answering the phones and speaking with clients
• Helping execute rebuilding day logistics
• Facilitating the RTS client application process
• Conducting in-kind solicitation projects for office supplies and warehouse inventory
• Conducting community partner and sponsor research
• Conducting various outreach activities
• Creating documents on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and various Adobe programs
• Printing and tracking thank you notes to individual and in-kind donors
• Assisting with activities concerning the RTS Youth Board and Young Professionals Society
• Miscellaneous projects assigned by Executive Director and Program & Outreach Coordinator
QUALITIES OF INTERN
Required Qualities & Skills
Must be: professional, trustworthy, organized, responsible, hardworking, team-player, positive attitude, flexible, patient, friendly, strong phone skills, show excellent attention to detail, good writing skills, demonstrates solid follow-through, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
-experience working or volunteering for a non-profit organization; knowledge of the non-profit industry
-some knowledge of the home and/or construction industry
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE & HOURLY RATE
• 3-5 days per week, 15-20 hours per week
• The RTS Internship position begins as a non-paid, temporary position for all candidates. After a 1 month commitment, the intern is considered for a monthly stipend, depending on the intern’s commitment level and work performance
• Please note: Official schedule to be agreed upon by the Executive Director and Intern.
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Intern Applicant.” Please mention (in your email) when you would like to start working and approximately how many hours per week you are available. RTS will contact you if we would like to set up an interview. For more information about RTS, please visit www.rtseattle.org. Thank you for your interest in Rebuilding Together Seattle!