Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Volunteer of the Month: Dave Thomas

Dave pictured with RTS Program & Development Assistant, Claire Oatey


Dave Thomas, a volunteer through the Safe at Home program and the Project Manager of the Safeway Rebuilding Day, is our Volunteer of the Month for April!

Here's what Dave has to say about his experience with RTS:
 
1. How did you get involved with RTS?

I got involved with RTS about a year ago.  I was looking for an organization that fit the type of work that I liked doing and made a positive impact on the people that we helped.  I actually found out about RTS on a TV commercial and thought it was right up my alley.  I have had a really good time helping out.

2. What do you enjoy most about working with our organization?

The thing I enjoy most is working with so many great volunteers and homeowners!

3.  What do other volunteers say about RTS?

The  people that I have worked with have had really nice things to say about the organization and are excited about doing future projects.

4. Why do they want to volunteer their time?

The volunteers think it is really awesome how people pull together to help people they don't even know and try to make a difference in someone's life.

5.  What about RTS' mission are you most drawn to?

I like the fact that we are helping ordinary people that have had some bad luck and are trying their best to keep their homes from falling apart.


Dave with volunteer, Sean (Left), and homeowner, Shawn (Middle).



Thank you, Dave, for all the time and hard work you've put into helping homeowners maintain safe and healthy homes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis